The “Combined Fleet” Collection is located at the Simcoe County Museum
HCEA Canada was formed in 1996 to formalize a group of like-minded individuals eager to preserve antique construction equipment and record Canadian construction history in addition to collecting memorabilia and related trade literature. Over the past two decades much has been accomplished by our volunteer club members towards furthering our collection and restoration of artifacts – including horse-drawn equipment of the early 1900’s to steam shovels and steam rollers of the 1920’s to the diesel equipment era of the 1940’s and 50’s. HCEA Canada (A Non-Profit Organization) is an active Community Heritage Partner of the Simcoe County Museum where many of our antique construction equipment shows and demonstrations occur.
The “combined fleet” collection is made up of 60% belonging to HCEA Canada; 20% privately held by our members; and 20% belonging to the Simcoe County Museum. HCEA Canada works with all parties to restore, maintain, and preserve the “combined fleet” collection.